Forbidden Rising Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forbidden Rising Forums.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beware Phishing Emails

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Beware Phishing Emails Empty
PostSubject: Beware Phishing Emails   Beware Phishing Emails I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:12 am

Hey All,

I received an email (posted below) supposedly from Blizzard, but its a phishing scam so be careful!
(If you click on the link given in the email, it directs you to a page that has now been flagged as forgery.)

If you receive a phishing msg in-game, open a ticket and give detailed info on the msg, including any website
addresses given and etc. You may very well save someone else's account if the scam is caught quickly.

For more info on how to identify scams like this, check out the Blizzard security support page @
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=25133&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=4272

And please, get yourself an authenticator! Think of all the time and effort you have put into your
toons! And if you are an officer with bank and kick privileges and you get hacked, well... all your
guildies could be guildless for quite a while.

~Ink

Beware Phishing Emails Icon_cherry Only YOU can prevent forest fires. Beware Phishing Emails Icon_cherry

_______________________________________________________________________________________

World of Warcraft - Account Administration

From:"Accountadmin@blizzard.com" <Accountadmin@blizzard.com>

Greetings!
This is an automated notification regarding the recent
change(s)
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA
and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will
be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard
Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you
should immediately verify your account ownership.
If the information is
deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken
because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We
need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest
done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information
about your account.
we recommend you Login verify Information your
account:
https://www.battle.net/account/support/login-support.xml

If
you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we
verify your account,
we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have
dropped the investigation.
billing@blizzard.com. Account security is
solely the responsibility of the account
holder. Please be advised that in
the event of a compromised account, Blizzard
representatives typically must
lock the account. In these cases the Account
Administration team will require
faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment Inc Account Administration Team
P.O.
Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Blizzard
Entertainmen
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
oldcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Beware Phishing Emails   Beware Phishing Emails I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 am

LoL, i get like 16 of them every day, i just delete them, i dont even bother in reading them. Why?, ya ask, well its simple, my account is "canceled" till i have moremoney(no freemoney this month) .

P.D. I miss ya all, im bored as hellD:
Back to top Go down
xeltes

PostSubject: Re: Beware Phishing Emails   Beware Phishing Emails I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Yeah the same thing is happening with the Beta invites cause I've been getting like 5 of them...To make sure that you did get the invite for reals log to the actual Account Manager in Battle net and it will tel you there
Back to top Go down
Herakle

Herakle

PostSubject: Re: Beware Phishing Emails   Beware Phishing Emails I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:18 pm

LOL nice touch on the end inky ~_~!!!! Ive had several of these and they keep comn, the only thing blizz says wen i ask if they are doing anythign about it is "We are trying all we can to make players and their accounts safe" i.e. "we are techncally useless wen it comes to safety of an account, MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHA"

-_-
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/HeraR

PostSubject: Re: Beware Phishing Emails   Beware Phishing Emails I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Well of course! If we get hacked, we're the ones that are still paying our monthly fees regardless of how it takes Blizz to restore everything. So no loss on Blizz's part. If Blizz had to refund us the money for the days it took for them to fix the problem, I suppose they might be a little more diligent.
Back to top Go down
Herakle

Herakle

PostSubject: Re: Beware Phishing Emails   Beware Phishing Emails I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 pm

People Should ask for compensation for the days they do not have their toons to play, it is wasted time and money, essentialy. Then again, its only a game ......but still its our money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/HeraR
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware Phishing Emails   Beware Phishing Emails I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beware Phishing Emails
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forbidden Rising Guild Forums :: Forbidden Rising Forums :: General Discussions-
Jump to: