Forbidden Rising Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forbidden Rising Forums.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! Empty
PostSubject: Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING!   Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:01 pm

I received a very-legit looking email today in the form of a receipt - how exciting! It looked like someone bought me a celestial steed! All I had to do was log into my account and type in the code, and it was mine! Right? I thought maybe my hubby had decided to surprise me with it, but I checked the credit card number on the receipt and it was... BOGUS!

These lowlife phishers are insatiable in their quest to steal our accounts, and will stop at nothing to get what they want!

Here is a link to an article concerning this new pony scam: http://www.wow.com/2010/07/13/new-scam-tries-to-give-you-a-free-celestial-steed/

Remember...

Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! Star3 DO get an authenticator!

Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! Star3 DO NOT EVER EVER click on ANY link sent to you in an email or in-game.

Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! Star3 DO NOT EVER EVER EVER believe that Blizzard is going to give you something free... seriously... anyone that has played this game for any decent amount of time knows this!

Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! Icon_cherry Only YOU can prevent forest fires! Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! Icon_cherry

Service
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING!   Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 pm

It is also in your best interest to make sure you have adequate anti-virus software on your computer. Key loggers exist everywhere and can come from places we tend to think are safe. I've had friends unknowingly install key loggers on their computer by downloading a game addon... only to discover later that their info was stolen and their accounts were hacked.

And DO NOT think that if you are hacked, you will always get everything back! We have guildies in TFR right now who lost thousands of gold worth in items that Blizzard would not return. Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
oldcoyote

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING!   Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:05 pm

yeah, i recieved it too, but my account is canceledxDD so yeah, preety much a scam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING!   Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celestial Steed Scam!!! WARNING!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forbidden Rising Guild Forums :: Forbidden Rising Forums :: General Discussions-
Jump to: