Forbidden Rising Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forbidden Rising Forums.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Nights Raid!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Herakle

Herakle

Last Nights Raid! Empty
PostSubject: Last Nights Raid!   Last Nights Raid! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:28 am

As I thought about, the ToC we did last night, I wondered about what we did wrong or what could we have done better throughout the fight. Aside from the group formation being changed with 2 people unavailable and pugging to fill those two spots, I realized that, what we lack is the experience raiding. Some people say that the best thing to have on your side when your in a new place or a new raid is the eperience you got raiding the pervious Hots. SO! This in mind, to let all of us get some kind of feel for how a person should raid I decided the best thing we should do is start with ulduar. many bosses some upgrades and tons of experience. We were all geared last night and it did get me down that as well off as we are we could not even beat the first encounter in ToC (on REGULAR). However, we did see how the first two phases are suppose to be done. A little practice and I think we can nail that part.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/HeraR

Last Nights Raid! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Nights Raid!   Last Nights Raid! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Actually I thought things went well, and with a little patience we probably would have gotten through the first 3 bosses. The third wipe I think was more bad luck then anything else. Ohn got hit with three things at one time so no heals would have helped her, and we were running with one less dps so her going down early really screwed the hole thing up. I honestly think that trying that again would not be a bad thing.

As for doing Uldar, actually it is probably better to do that, so heals, ranged, tanks, and melee all know how to work together a little more. To jump right into the higher level raid is probably harder to do then we know. I would also like to suggest doing a power run through Naxx, I know everyone is over geared, but if we push to do it under a time crunch it might help us all work together better.
Back to top Go down

Last Nights Raid! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Nights Raid!   Last Nights Raid! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:03 pm

I completely agree with you both. I know for myself that I'm pretty ambivalent the first time I run anything (one of the reasons I didn't start doing dungeons & raids until late). Now that I have a wee bit more confidence I know I'm ready to start doing more!

One of the biggest issues is knowing HOW to run with each other.

Razz from a raid noobie!
Back to top Go down
Herakle

Herakle

Last Nights Raid! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Nights Raid!   Last Nights Raid! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:03 pm

I do think Naxx would be good to run, as a farm, Lennon hates that place tho LOL. So I resorted to Ulduar. There arent any upgrades for him or I, but I'm sure the guildies will have a few from there. Another thing is the plans that drop there. Another "problem" is people do not understand that if your not there you not gonna go as well as the certain gear requirement, people find it hard to understand that if your not doing a certain percentage of healing, damage or keeping a certain amount of agro you wont survive. Plus we have sooooooooooo many DKs, Hunters, Pallies and none of the clothies that help with this kinda raid. Mages are needed for a certain boss in ToC, beleive it is Lord jarax. And preists are needed for dispels, druids for brez and shamans for BL. At times if you dont have one you will hav to make do with something else

Group formation is a BIG thing in this place, but if u have the DPS and Heals to burn fast and keep people alive then its not a big thing. But we are no where near it being easy. lLike i said, practice is what will lead us to perfection.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/HeraR
Methinicus

Last Nights Raid! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Nights Raid!   Last Nights Raid! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:31 am

if naxx isnt the place to go then maybe ulduar may not be either eoe may be better suited and plus maybe if we start doing that place a few of the guildies will get their nice new champ of the frozzen wastes title/achiveĀ 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Last Nights Raid! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Nights Raid!   Last Nights Raid! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Raid!
Page 1 of 1